While reading:

My partner Andy's Blog for this Project

Wednesday, September 15, 2010

First Entry

First Entry: Captain's Log
Stardate:  09/15/2010

Ok.  So I had to make a Star Trek reference.  This is my first blog entry, ever.  So I created this blog as a means to keep track of my work during my senior year at the Savannah College of Art and Design.  For the next two months I will be chronicling my work in Studio 1.  I am working with Andy Hernandez on a Mexican Steampunk multiplayer map in the Unreal Development Kit(UDK).  Now, we will not be doing custom characters, weapons, or items, but the environment will be all custom assets.  I'm excited beyond belief to be starting this project and I will make sure that I update this blog regularly.  I will talk with Andy about posting some of the concept art and screenshots of what we have blocked out in Maya.  I will make sure that I am as detailed as possible in my descriptions of everything that is going on with the project and any screenshots that I post.  I will be linking this with Andy's Blog, so you will also have a second look at things we do together and pieces of work he is doing by himself for this project.  I'm looking forward to keeping you all posted, whoever you may be.

Programs in use:
Autodesk Maya
Autodesk Mudbox
Pixologic Zbrush 4.0
Epic Game's UDK(July Release)
Photoshop CS5
Crazy Bump
And i'm sure a few more

Thanks,
Matt

No comments:

Post a Comment